Otter Wax's Canvas Cleaner is our favorite thing to use when it's time to freshen up any of our bags. It's gentle enough for waxed canvas, but strong enough to take some of the more difficult stains out of even our lightest colored canvases.
Below are some brief instructions and photos of a recent cleaning project of mine.
Using Canvas Cleaner
- Wet the area with tap water
- Apply 2-3 drops of Otter Wax's Canvas Cleaner to the item. The amount of cleaner you use will vary based on how large of an area you need to clean, a little goes a long way, but use your best judgement when cleaning.
- Using a clean brush, work the cleaner into a small lather with small circular motions. brush gently at first, and work to avoid spreading the stain around.
- Add cleaner and water as needed to work out the stain.
- Rinse throughly
- Air dry. Machine dryers will not only ruin anything with waxed canvas and leather, but even when working with machine washable items it can set the stain permanently. Air drying allows you to work the stain out more if your first attempt wasn’t enough.
- Repeat if necessary
Before And After
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll get you squared away.